In order to bring a food truck into the City of Shallowater you must comply with the following:
- Complete the Mobile Unit Food Establishment Permit Application with the Texas Department of State Health Services Retail Food Safety Operations (click on the link to access the application or find more information). Guidelines for Mobile Food Units
- Complete all of the Texas Department of State Health Services Retail Food Safety Requirements and provide a copy of a current permit.
- Set up with the Comptroller for sales tax purposes.
- Have proof of inspection from the Fire Marshal with the City of Shallowater please City Hall to schedule an appointment for inspection.
- Permission to park on the property from the property owner where your truck will be placed.
- Pay the permit fee to the City of Shallowater. The current permit fee is $2.50 for the day or $5.00 for the week.
Please be aware that the permit fee is subject to change.
Please be aware that if you bring your food truck into the City of Shallowater for the day or longer, you MUST have the required items above to be able to serve food in the city. Please call the City of Shallowater with any questions or concerns at 806-696-4300.
City of Shallowater
801 Ave G
PO Box 246
Shallowater, TX 79363