The mission of the City of Shallowater Office of Emergency Management is to minimize injury, loss of life, and damage to property and the environment from disasters, both man-made and natural, through coordination with federal, state, county, local, and non-governmental organizations. The Office of Emergency Management strives to prevent/mitigate, prepare for, respond to, and assist in recovery of emergencies and disasters of all hazard types. Through coordination, preparation, and planning we succeed by functioning seamlessly with our various departments in the city and our regional partners.
Cory Buck, CFE
Director-Office of Emergency Management
Emergency Management Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
Assistant Emergency Management Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
607 Avenue G
Shallowater, Texas 79363
Phone: (806) 832-4521 City Hall 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Mass Notification Registration for Shallowater Residents
- ShallowaterAlert is our new Emergency Notification System.
- Please subscribe to notifications for ShallowaterAlert by clicking here.
- You will need to enter your name, address, city, your email address or cell phone number, or both (choose your preferred method).
- Under Subscription Settings you must select Recent News and Notice Postings. All of the categories will populate and you can select the categories you want to receive messages from.
- ShallowaterAlert must be selected to receive emergency notifications.
- You then choose your notification method; it can be email, text, or both. If you select text messages you will need to select your cell phone carrier and click the Subscribe button.
Outdoor Warning Siren System
The City of Shallowater has an outdoor warning siren system to notify the public of severe weather and other emergencies as necessary. This system is meant to notify the public whom are outdoors. It is not meant to alert citizens inside of buildings even though some individuals will be able to hear the warning sirens from inside their home or business.
Activation of the outdoor warning siren system should prompt the public to go inside and seek out more information through the various media available as to what actions to take. Those citizens who have registered to receive notifications from the City of Shallowater’s Mass Notification System ShallowaterAlert will receive detailed information as to what emergency or danger exist and what immediate actions to take.
What type of situation would warrant the activation of the outdoor warning siren system?
- A tornado warning has been issued for the City of Shallowater by the National Weather Service (NWS).
- A tornado or wall cloud reported by a reliable source that may impact the city.
- Wind in excess of 70 mile per hour (mph).
- Reports of large, damaging hail that may impact the city.
- A dangerous chemical spill or release.
- Federal, state, county, or local emergency declared.
- At the discretion of the Office of Emergency Management for the City.
- Siren Testing
Testing of the siren system will take place at various times throughout the year. The City of Shallowater will inform citizens through various outlets of the date and time of testing prior to performing any test. Testing will be rescheduled if current weather conditions would cause confusion as to an actual emergency existing.
An All-Clear siren alert will not be sounded. Citizens should gain information as to when the danger/emergency has passed through local media outlets and/or other reputable information outlets.
Home Oxygen Registration Form
Storm Shelter Registration Form