INVITATION TO BID
The City of Shallowater will receive bids for installation of water lines and valves until 3:00 pm on June 4th, 2020 at 12402 Slide Road, Ste. 409, Lubbock, Texas 79424. The bids will be publicly opened and read aloud at that time and location.
Major components of the work are as follows:
- Furnish and install 700 feet of 6” C900.
- Furnish and install one fire hydrant, four 6” gate valves, one 4” gate valve, and approximately 1000 lbs. of 6” fittings.
- Furnish and install six inch Inserta-Valve.
- Complete approximately 40 sq. yds. of asphalt paving repair.
- Furnish traffic control, as required. Bid/Contract Documents, including Drawings and Technical Specifications are on file at the office of the Engineer at 12402 Slide Road, Ste. 409, Lubbock, Texas 79424 (806-687-8322, [email protected]) and available at no cost in either print or electronic form. Please direct questions to Chester “Ches” Carthel, P.E.
A Bid Bond (issued by an acceptable security), in the amount of 5 percent of the bid, shall be submitted with each bid. A certified check or bank draft payable to the City of Shallowater, or negotiable U.S. Government Bonds (at par value) may be submitted in lieu of the Bid Bond. The successful Bidder must furnish a Performance Bond and a Payment Bond, each in the amount of the contract, from a Surety Company holding a permit from the State of Texas, to act as a Surety or other Surety, or Sureties satisfactory to the Owner.
Attention is called to the fact that not less than the federally determined prevailing (i.e., Davis-Bacon) wage rate, as issued by the Texas Department of Commerce and contained in the Contract Documents must be paid on the project. In addition, the successful bidder must ensure that employees and applicants for employment are no discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
The City of Shallowater reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive any informalities in the bidding. Bids may be held by the City of Shallowater for a period not to exceed ninety (90) calendar days from the date of the bid opening for the purpose of reviewing the bids and investigating the bidder’s qualifications prior to awarding of the contract.